Update – October 19, 2013: Thank you to all players for your interest in The Match. The response from players and college coaches has been very strong. Registration is now closed and we do not expect we will be taking any additional players from the waiting list.
We have assigned each player to one of 8 teams for full field play and also to a corresponding subset of 16 small-sided teams for the 7v7 games). You may Click HERE to see the PLAYER MATCHBOOKS (containing rosters, schedule of activities, field layout, 7 v 7 schedule, full-sided game schedule and team/pinney/color assignments). Please note that small sided teams are indicated in the 7v7 column – i.e. Team 1 W = wear white pinney; Team 1 D = wear dark for 7v7 games. You will be asked to wear your assigned pinney and color so we will be ready to play the small-sided games at 11 am.
Below is an updated schedule of activities, which reflect Sunday’s format. It corresponds to what is included in the MATCHBOOKS we are making available to players and coaches, but please see the positional clinic topics and the biographies of our clinicians below.
Make sure to continue checking the website for additional updates. We look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!
WHEN: Sunday, October 20, 2013
WHERE: The Hill School, Pottstown, PA (Adjacent Turf Fields)
FORMAT: Positional Instruction/Clinics; Drills and Stations; Showcase Games
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
9:00am – 10:00am ATHLETE CHECK-IN / STRETCHING / WARM-UP 10:00am – 10:40am POSITIONAL INSTRUCTION/CLINIC WORK/GOALIE WARM-UP
- Offensive Player Topic (Attack/Midfield):
- Canadian Techniques on Inside Shooting and Finishing
- Instructor/Clinician: Johnny Mouradian, General Manager of the Philadelphia Wings
- Defensive Player Topic (Defense/LSM):
- Goalies: All goalies should report to Field B for goalie warm-up during this time period.
- Instructor/Clinician: Dave Mullen, All-State Goalie at Ridley and Two-time All-Conference Player and MVP/Captain at U Delaware, Head Coach at The Hill School
10:45am – 11:00am DRILLS/WARM-UPS LED BY COACHES OF EACH TEAM 11:00am – 12:00pm SHORT-SIDED GAMES (7V7 MATCH-UPS) (4 GAMES/TEAM) 12:00pm – 12:50pm LUNCH BREAK / MINGLE (STAGING AREA) 1:00pm – 2:00pm SHORT-SIDED GAMES (7V7 MATCH-UPS) (4 GAMES/TEAM) 2:15pm – 4:55pm FULL-SIDED GAMES (10 V 10 MATCH-UPS) (3 GAMES/TEAM) 5:00pm CLOSING REMARKS
PLAYER REGISTRATION/APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Deadline: Friday, October 4 Applications received after this date will be placed on the waiting list.
- Please visit the Player Registration page, open an account (remember your user name and password) and value the various fields on the application template.
- Once you complete and submit the required information and materials, including the consent and release (which must be completed by a parent or guardian), you will be included in a list of prospects for The Match™.
- You will still need a coach’s nomination, so please communicate with your high school or travel team coach; ask one of them to submit the Coach Nomination Form on your behalf.
- Once a coach has nominated you, we will contact you with further instructions on how to proceed to secure your place in the event.
- Space may be limited and there may be competition for available spots. We will keep you apprised regarding the status of your application.
- The Participation Fee is $200/Player. Accepted players will have until October 7 to submit payment.
COACH NOMINATION FORM: Coaches, please click for the Coach Nomination Form
The Match™ will be inviting Division II and Division III colleges to attend the event. A number of coaches have provided guidance in terms of format and focus, and initial reaction to the event and the concept of bringing together coaches and players in a targeted, intimate setting with a focus on “The Fit” rather than “The Frenzy” has been favorable. The following colleges have indicated they plan to attend The Match™ as of September 30, 2013 (we will update this list as it grows):
- Chestnut Hill
- Delaware Valley
- Franklin & Marshall
- Lebanon Valley
- Saint Michael’s
- Saint Vincent
- Western New England
- Young Harris
COME TO THE MATCH™, COME READY TO LIGHT IT UP!!