WHEN: Sunday, October 19, 2014
WHERE: The Hill School, Pottstown, PA (Adjacent Turf Fields)
FORMAT: Positional Instruction/Clinics; Drills and Stations; Showcase Games; All-Star Game(s)
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
9:00am – 10:00am ATHLETE CHECK-IN / STRETCHING / WARM-UP 10:00am – 10:40am POSITIONAL INSTRUCTION/CLINIC WORK/GOALIE WARM-UP
- Offensive Player Topic (Attack/Midfield):
- Canadian Techniques on Inside Shooting and Finishing
- Instructor/Clinician: Johnny Mouradian, General Manager of the Philadelphia Wings
- Defensive Player Topic (Defense/LSM):
- Goalies: All goalies should report to Field B for goalie warm-up during this time period.
- Instructor/Clinician: Dave Mullen, All-State Goalie at Ridley and Two-time All-Conference Player and MVP/Captain at U Delaware, Head Coach at The Hill School
10:45am – 11:00am DRILLS/WARM-UPS LED BY COACHES OF EACH TEAM 11:00am – 12:00pm SHORT-SIDED GAMES (7V7 MATCH-UPS) (4 GAMES/TEAM) 12:00pm – 12:50pm LUNCH BREAK / MINGLE (STAGING AREA) 1:00pm – 2:00pm SHORT-SIDED GAMES (7V7 MATCH-UPS) (4 GAMES/TEAM) 2:15pm – 3:30pm FULL-SIDED GAMES (10 V 10 MATCH-UPS) (2 GAMES/TEAM) 3:50pm – 4:45pm ALL-STAR GAME
PLAYER REGISTRATION/APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Deadline: Friday, October 3, 2014 Applications received after this date will be placed on the waiting list.
- Please visit the Player Registration page, open an account (remember your user name and password) and value the various fields on the application template.
- Once you complete and submit the required information and materials, including the consent and release (which must be completed by a parent or guardian), you will be included in a list of prospects for The Match™.
- You will still need a coach’s nomination, so please communicate with your high school or travel team coach; ask at least one of them to submit the Coach Nomination Form on your behalf. It often helps to have nominations and information from more than one coach.
- Once a coach has nominated you and provided additional information, we will contact you with further instructions on how to proceed to secure your place in the event.
- Space may be limited and there may be competition for available spots. We will keep you apprised regarding the status of your application.
- The Participation Fee is $225/Player. Accepted players will have until October 7 to submit payment.
COACH NOMINATION FORM: Coaches, please click for the Coach Nomination Form
The Match™ will be inviting Division III colleges from around the country to attend the event. A number of coaches provided guidance in terms of format and focus, and initial reaction to the event and the concept of bringing together coaches and players in a targeted, intimate setting with a focus on “The Fit” rather than “The Frenzy” was incredible at our inaugural event at the Hill School in October 2013. The following colleges supported The Match™ in 2013 and we will post a list of coaches who plan to be in attendance in 2014 shortly (we will also update the list as it grows):
- Chestnut Hill
- Delaware Valley
- Franklin & Marshall
- Lebanon Valley
- Saint Michael’s
- Saint Vincent
- Western New England
- Young Harris
COME TO THE MATCH™, COME READY TO LIGHT IT UP!!